Thanks to technology, today everyone is searching for speed in transitions, and just like you can purchase quickly, the transition is also completed in the least time possible and under the best conditions. On this front, logistics and transport companies today are being confronted with challenges that will determine who makes it in the business and who does not.
Technology and its advances are generating a revolution across all industries and by association the logistical tools that are needed to administrate these technologies: gps vehicle tracking solutions, sensors, automatic communications, gps equipment tracker, robots and “The Internet of Things”, where objects can communicate with each other, as well as artificial intelligence that permits machines to learn.
Logistics, as part of the industry, must advance alongside the transformations that are arising and make the most of this moment of accelerated development in software, apps and sensors which some are calling “transport 4.0” to successfully administrate activities which include:
- Get real time notifications and alarms of your operation
- Optimization of route design
- Traceability of merchandise
- Automation of payments and proof of delivery
- Know and improve your operator’s driving habits
By doing this advantage can be obtained such as: greater customer satisfaction, which can have real-time information about their merchandise, cost reduction and operation optimization.
Some trends that are changing transportation today:
- Logistics or Green Transport: due to concern for the environment, new initiatives have arisen in transport, such as electric vehicles or the use of drones or bicycles, for last mile transportation.
- Collaborative transport: this is one of the trends that has had the most success: there are already mobile applications for those who want to use shared vehicles, not limited to private cars and also including shared motorcycle services.
- Intelligent devices for fleet management or gps equipment tracker: these seek to facilitate the work of those in charge of the fleet and even drivers, through real-time communication and monitoring of all the tasks that within the operation.
- Artificial intelligence: Information is the center of this trend in that information and data is collected and archived and then used to calculate optimal routes and to organize merchandise.
- Internet of things: communication between vehicles about traffic on the roads and even communication with the distribution center system to promote time optimization.
Learn more about how to optimize your fleet performance